Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: Voice of the Theater Stickers

  1. #21
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what about what Bfish was saying about the border? Should I just make the image 15" x 7.75" and print or keep the image the same size and cut to 15" x 7.75" creating the white border?

    I am still confused about the border as the ones on ebay do not look like they have a border....

    THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, looks like the minimum amount you can get in the laser decal paper is 25 pieces. Would anyone else want some of these, just divide the cost evenly. Otherwise I'll just shelf 15 or 20 pieces of the decal paper I guess. You can get 10 sheets in the Inkjet paper, but that is inferior quality, correct?

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Voice of the Theater Stickers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as size I didn't measure a set of stickers I put on 37 years ago...I really don't remember about the border...I would chase down every VOTT picture I could find on the net and see what ones from around the same age as mine looked like.

    If I recall we centered them front-to-rear about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom...on the sides of course...

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Voice of the Theater Stickers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...209a/page2.jpg

    You know these are original...looks like Altec placed them higher than we dis...I would use this as a guide for appearance and placement.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have only seen speakers that looked like mine once on-line and of course I can't find that link right now.... here is a picture of them, please ignore the drywall dust all over them, it will be cleaned up once I finish my theater build. Also, they are probably the wrong color, but they look good. I know, why I am being so picky about the stickers, I just want them to be right if I am paying money for them. Anyone know what model exactly these are?

    18

    Also, in case you are curious, this is my equipment rack that is driving them, please excuse this mess as well... all part of the project... notice the amp on the bottom right still needs to be painted black. I hope this isn't blasphemy, painting them black....

    19

  6. #26
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahh.... just found this...

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ure/page05.jpg

    Looks like mine, I think...

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Voice of the Theater Stickers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    You have standard VOT,s It was common to mount the horn in the port, model doesn't matter can be done with all of them.

    One of the reasons the sticker came separately...if put on in normal position it would be upside down in your app.

    Again- nothing different about yours, it's the same speaker, just the horn in port as was commonly done.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You obviously don't "get it".

    Now no one else will either. The image has been permanently removed.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are obviously a dick. The reason I posted that on here was to make sure it would be ok with you before I did it since you posted the image, but now I don't really give a **** based on your post. I already downloaded the image and will be happy to give it to anyone who wants it. I wasn't trying to make money on this, I have plenty thanks. You can only order the decal paper in packs of 25. I don't need 25 stickers. I thought if I fronted the cost and printed 25 stickers, kept the 4 I needed and offeref the to others at a way cheaper rate than the guy pn ebay now (1/2 or less), that would help some other people out. I know I would feel better about spending $20 for 4 stickers than $40, not because of the money, just that $40 seems a little pricey for stickers. You obviously live in your own little world and if that is what the site is about, than I have little interest in it either as this is just a hobby for me to enjoy.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    for whoever wants it:

    20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.